Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What yoga has taught me...

I love the show and the movies "Sex and the City". I remember an episode where Carrie's computer messed up and Aiden told her to breathe and reboot. It ended up bad for her and her computer, but boy does it really help us. Yoga has taught me the importance of our breath and linking it to the many things we do and taking the time to focus on it when needed, and to actually do it when the s#@t hits the fan...like in fits of anger.

I need to seek love within myself. To love me. This is a hard world we live in and we cannot look for this love with others because they may not know how to give it, want to give it, or they may feel they have none to give (although we all do!!). I had a lot of anger problems growing up. I had a very traumatic event happen at a young age and I think that took my love for myself away and I was constantly seeking it in all the wrong places and acting out in all the wrong ways. I still had a ton of love inside, but everything I was doing was so wrong and I got frustrated. Yoga has changed all of that for me. I know that I am love, I have love, I give love, and in return I love myself and receive love from the universe and all its beings even when they don't always know how to give it.

Sometimes the anger that others have is often repressed love, someone who needs love, or someone that doesn't know what to do with love. Its not all bad.

Not all the stuff that yogis say is just hippie hype. We ARE all connected, we DO just need to simply breathe sometimes, and we DO really need to listen to and honor our bodies.

It is OK to be me, quarks and all. When you stop trying to repress this, people tend to see you authentically. Although you may get on their nerves, they can understand you easier since it really is you and not something that you are faking. You tend to get along better with others, even if they may think you're a tad on the weird, hippy side :)

All we need IS love...for real!

Sometimes you have to simply disregard the negative (things, events, and people)...exhale that which does not serve you.

Most importantly, you have to work to be happy, but it is a whole lot easier than the energy consumed by being negative.


No comments:

Post a Comment